We take the health and safety of our consumers, their Employers, and our staff very seriously. We remain vigilant following the advice of the Australian Department of Health and will continue to monitor their advice and act immediately in accordance with their rulings and guidance.
To date, there has been no incidence of COVID-19 within our team or members or their households. We have instituted measures to mitigate unnecessary risk to ensure that we can continue to deliver business-as-usual to support you through this uncertain time.
We have a Response Plan and have implemented a number of measures to keep people safe including:
- Ensuring every person who enters our offices, adheres to Department of Health guideline practices like hand washing, sneezing/coughing etiquette and social distancing.
- Undertaking thorough and regular disinfecting of all hard surfaces including doors, handles, desks, keyboards, monitors and phones.
- Minimising face to face meetings wherever possible by using teleconferencing applications, phones and digital solutions where appropriate.
- Educating our staff on important prevention measures via up-to-the-minute internal communications.
- Requesting our team to avoid any person with cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Gathering information regarding upcoming staff work and private travel plans and requesting they limit non-essential work-related travel.
- Having Employees who have returned from overseas undertake a mandatory 14-day self-isolation.
- Remaining vigilant to identify symptoms (respiratory issues, coughing, sneezing, shortness of breath and/or fever) and taking proactive action to reduce the potential spread of the disease through at-risk staff.
- If any Employee experiences symptoms they will be asked to leave work immediately.
- Postponing any non-urgent scheduled events, conferences or meetings in-line with the Australian Government’s social distancing recommendations.
We have nominated a central person in our Quality Control team to manage information. They are monitoring all public health notices and are updating staff as information comes to hand.
These are unprecedented times and we will continue to do everything within our power to support you through them.
Chief Executive Officer