Work Assist helps you keep your valuable job and enables you to continue working if you happen suffer an injury, become ill or develop a disability through dedicated and specialised support.
Sometimes situations arise when you face difficulties at work and require support to better manage and cope in the workplace. Work Assist is designed for you if you have an existing job and is mutually beneficial to both yourself as an Employee and to your Employer. The service is delivered by our highly experienced staff at no cost to either party.
Work Assist ensures that you are supported to maintain long-term employment and that you are able to retain valuable position.
How does it work?
Our team will meet with you to identify the barriers preventing you from thriving in your role. We will then work with you and your Employer to provide assistance and advice for a minimum period of six months.
Assistance and management strategies can include:
- Arrangement of health assistance for you including Occupational therapy, Counselling and other Allied Health Services
- Help with making reasonable workplace modifications
- Assistance to re-design your Job Role if necessary
- Workplace assessments, review and design
- Skills development
- Access to funding to make workplace modifications or acquire special equipment
Once we understand the challenges you are facing, we will co-design strategies with you and your Employer to get things back on track quickly.
To be eligible for this program your must:
- Have a diagnosed disability, or long-term health condition
- Be currently employed for a minimum of eight hours per week, and not studying full-time
- Have worked an average of eight hours per week for 13 consecutive weeks
- Be an Australian resident and aged between 14-65
Do you think you or someone you know would benefit from learning more about Work Assist?