Welcome to Passport 2 Employment
Together with funding from the Marian and E.H Flack Trust and The Commonwealth Bank Staff Community Fund, we are excited to deliver the Passport 2 Employment Programme to students with disabilities, interested in gaining an insight into the employment opportunities that await them after school.
What is Passport 2 Employment?
Passport 2 Employment is a seven week experiential programme designed to provide students with practical skills to prepare them for employment in a structured and safe learning environment.
The objectives of the programme include:
- Motivating students to achieve their education & employment goals
- Providing students with skills and knowledge to find meaningful employment
- Teaching students vital communication skills
At completion of the programme, students will graduate with positive aspirations and attitudes towards employment after school, with a belief in what they can achieve, along with the skills required to plan for their future in the world of work.
What You Need to Know
Students will have the opportunity to:
- Learn how to write a good resume
- Prepare for a job interview
- Develop communication skills
- Work as a team
- Practice using public transport
- Learn how to budget
- Learn how to manage stress and enjoy work life balance
- Experience worksite visits and city tours
To be eligible for Passport 2 Employment, students must:
- Have a permanent disability diagnosed by a health-care professional
- Be an Australia citizen or permanent Australian resident
- Receive Schools Plus funding or equivalent
- Be enrolled in Year 11 or 12 in 2020
Dates & Times
Passport 2 Employment will run four times in 2020 on Thursdays in Term 1, 2, 3 and 4 from 10am to 3pm at EDGE Subiaco.
Full commitment of students will be required to attend each session, if other school commitments are on one of the Passport 2 Employment dates then please register your interest for a spot in the next term.
- Term 1 20 February to 26 March, 2020
- Term 2 14 May to 18 June, 2020
- Term 3 06 August to 10 September, 2020
- Term 4 22 October to 26 November, 2020
Venue & Transport
Students will start and finish each day at EDGE in Subiaco, with worksite tours and excursions incorporated into the daily schedule.
Students will be required to make their own transport arrangements to the EDGE Head Office at 38 Hood Street, Subiaco WA 6008. The closest train station is Subiaco.
By Week 4 students will be encouraged to make their way EDGE independently as they develop their confidence and independence using public transport.
Lunch will be provided each week for the students and all resources will be supplied to the students at no cost.
The Graduation Ceremonies will be on the following dates at EDGE in Subiaco from 5.30pm to 7pm.
We invite all parents and teachers to attend to celebrate the student’s success on graduating the Passport 2 Employment Programme. Invites will be sent out prior to the Graduation Ceremony.
- Term 1 Graduation 02 April, 2020
- Term 2 Graduation 25 June, 2020
- Term 3 Graduation 17 September, 2020
- Term 4 Graduation 03 December, 2020
Find Out More or Register Now
If you require additional information or would like to register please contact:
EDGE on 9286 6600 or email@example.com
Places are limited so if you are interested, please contact us TODAY or fill out the form below.